December 2021 Shawn Mendes Tickets Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO ENTER AND MEET ALL OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Shawn Mendes Tickets Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at approximately 11:00 a.m. EST on Sunday, December 19, 2021 and ends at approximately 5:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, December 19, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Eligible entrants must be a lawful resident of the United States and be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of, and the immediate family members of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4), their affiliates and subsidiaries, are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local regulations. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram®.
2. How to Enter. Find the photo on the official Instagram page of @FTXArena posted on Sunday, December 19, 2021 that is marked with the hashtag #FTXArenaSweepstakes (the “Post”), and from your public, unlocked Instagram account tag two (2) friends in the comment section. Once you successfully comment on the Post, as described in the preceding sentence, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes for a chance to win, provided you meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 and otherwise comply with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
You will need an active Instagram account ("Account") to participate in the Sweepstakes. If you don't already have an Account, visit http://instagram.com/ to create an Account; creating an Account is free. FOR MOBILE USERS - this Sweepstakes may not be supported on all mobile devices. Data rates may apply. You may be charged according to your mobile phone service provider's rate plans. Please consult your mobile phone service provider regarding rate plans. Entry into the Sweepstakes is free.
To be eligible, your comment must not infringe on the privacy or intellectual property rights of any third party, or be obscene or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the Instagram account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. Limit one (1) entry per person. No other method of entry is acceptable. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by these official rules of the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”). Incomplete Sweepstakes entries, including but not limited to those Sweepstakes entries that do not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, will not be eligible. Proof of posting does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
3. Drawing and Prize. After the conclusion of the Entry Period, on or about, Sunday, December 19, 2021, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. The winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Shawn Mendes “Wonder: The World Tour” concert (the “Event”) to be staged at the FTX Arena located in downtown Miami, FL on October 8, 2022. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $200.00. The actual value may vary and Sponsor is not responsible for any difference between the actual value and ARV. The specific seat locations will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize does not include air or ground transportation, and/or other expenses and travel costs, food and beverage, incidentals, parking fees, facility fees, or any other costs not expressly stated herein. Eligibility will be determined in accordance with these Official Rules by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize depends on the number of participating eligible entrants. The potential winner will be contacted by Direct Message via Instagram. The potential winner must respond to such message within thirty (30) minutes or else he or she will forfeit the prize. The potential winner may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility, and/or a liability and publicity release, within twenty-four (24) hours of prize notification. In the event that no eligible entries are submitted, the Sponsor will not give away a prize. In the event of any potential winner’s non-responsiveness, untimely or delayed response, noncompliance with the terms of these Official Rules, other disqualification, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited in connection with the relevant entrant. If applicable, Sponsor will only select one (1) alternate potential winner. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of any prize is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any portion thereof should become unavailable for any reason. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of the prize will be made after winner’s verification.
4. Limitation of Liability. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, Basketball Properties, Ltd., FTX Arena, West Realm Shires Services Inc., Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, the National Basketball Association and each of its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, miscommunications, entries, direct messages, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties and Instagram from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for any error, including typographical and/or technological error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of electronic data; or any other problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules on-line or the functionality of any website or web or other digital service. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded, due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, pandemic, epidemic, government order, lockouts, other labor disputes, fire, acts of government, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded due to a Force Majeure Event, or if a Force Majeure Event corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, the prize, or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time for clarification purposes.
5. Publicity. Entry into the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a winner’s name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion and/or publicity purposes in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed) without further compensation and/or authorization as permitted by law by the Released Parties and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Publicity Parties”).
7. Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or entrant, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
8. Disputes. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Florida, without respect to the conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting an awarded prize, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Miami Dade County, Florida, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Sponsor. Basketball Properties, Ltd., 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.
10. Winner’s Name. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2022 to: The FTX Arena, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132, ATTN: Social Media, “December 2021 Shawn Mendes Tickets Sweepstakes.”